Wednesday, 18 February 2015

FOTD: testing new products.

Hello,
Today's post is something a little different,
Instead of a full on make up post I thought I'd do a 'face of the day' or FOTD
as it is better known.
I bought a few new products so I thought I'd give them a test and
share my thoughts.
Day to day I wear relatively neutral/fresh looking make up but on this particular day I 
decided to add some wispie false lashes, mainly due to not loving the foundation.
This was a new purchase, the Bourjois 123 perfect foundation;
I found this to be too natural and didn't cover much redness despite
it claiming to colour correct. My camera didn't pick this up in this particular
photo as it is on a beauty shot setting which likes to pick up on eyes more
than anything but I have a photo below where it did.
The second product in this photo that was new is the Anastasia dip brow
pomade in medium brown, this product is a new love of mine.
I didn't find it hard to use, even the first time... the only downfall for me is that
it sticks to your brow hairs a lot more than your skin so it can look patchy.
If you have sparse brows I'd fill in around the hairs that you do have.
However I still love it, it's very cool toned and not too red like most brow products. 

These are the lashes from the side, my bottom lashes have always been
long; as long as my top lashes! ...So these falsies don't look too fake
from the side as my bottom lashes balance it out.
 I tried a new product to lightly contour.. an eyeshadow!
Yep, the make up revolution eyeshadow in 'I remember', a light taupe brown, 
matte eyeshadow.
I found this to cast more of an actual shadow than most bronzers do but it 
was just a little too light for me sadly, the colour pigmentation of their eye shadows are not
the best either. I am wearing a blush from this brand and they're brilliant for that.
You can see the slight patchy redness under my eyes/near my nose on this photo,
I applied a tiny bit of blusher near my contour but not that far in, it was just
some redness that the foundation didn't cover.
Lastly I tried a new lip combo, I'm in love with Rimmel spice lip pencil,
it's a dark brown/orange that compliments my yellowy skin tone, the most unlikely
colour to match; so I lined my lips and filled in the outer corners, I then used my 
Essence lasting lip gloss in velvet rose in the centre of my lips to highlight and add an
ombre effect, I really liked it and ended up falling back in love with the Essence product!


 So that was my FOTD, a little different but I hope you enjoyed and 
got to find a few new shopping bag goodies for pay day.

Have you tried any of these products?