Pages

Search

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Revolution makeup review. # part one of two.

Hello & welcome back!
I saw this brand on a few beauty blogs recently and I thought I'd check it out.

So to start I bought all these products myself and the company doesn't even know they're mentioned, a lot of beauty blogs got sent this brands stuff for free but I purchased mine myself.
There was quite a few things I wanted to try from this brand and if you spent over £30 then you get free delivery and so I did, for super affordable makeup it's crazy how quickly the price bumped up.
I have had time to test these since purchasing them but like a true blogger I swatched everything first!
There has been talk of this brand being created by someone from MUA make up (make up academy) 
So I tested the quality against some of the MUA products that I own.
This brand is soon to be available in superdrug but you can buy directly from their website with cheap shipping.
This blog post will be in two parts to save it from being too long!

So let's start with what I got, I picked up 14 products in total so this will be the first seven,  (then I will upload the second half on Wednesday instead of my weekly wish list.) 

So today, lets get on with all the lip products I got.
So lets start with the lipstick shall we?
I picked three lipstick up, two neutral colours and one bright red..
I chose the colours 'the one', 'treat' and 'reckless'.
So if you have ever tried MUA lipsticks..they are incredibly similar..
The pigment is great, they don't drag on the lips and they're not drying but they're a little bit greasy feeling -  but if you like the Revlon lip butters then you will like these.
They feel like a balm but have incredible pigment, I don't love that with a red lipstick as the red lipstick on my teeth scenario is the bane of my life, I much prefer a matte red but for the other two..I actually really like them.
From blogs I'd read, I heard not to try the lipsticks and to just try the eye shadows but you will find out on Wednesday what I think of those...
These lipsticks are amazing for the price, they're only £1 ...yes you read that right!

Now onto the lip glosses...
I picked up two colours, 'crystal' - a clear gloss with iridescent sparkles and 'Natural pink' - a peachy pink.
I ordered crystal thinking it was a clear gloss and you can pull it off as one, despite the above photo showing that it does in fact look frosty white in the tube it actually comes out clear and with not too much sparkle, it contains flecks of iridescent glitter which you can only really see under light or in day light.
Natural pink is my favourite of the two, I thought this would have no colour to it what so ever but it actually looks similar to one of the Tanya Burr lip glosses that I've seen swatched online.
It has good pay off, isn't sticky and it's affordable.
The only downside to these glosses is the taste, cheap perfumey plastic, although it isn't that strong it still isn't pleasant, I'd prefer a fruity taste rather than perfume...
These glosses aren't sticky and actually have good colour pay off, for £1, you can't really go wrong, I'd like to pick up a few more colours once they hit superdrug stores.

The next product is similar to a lip gloss, it's the Salvation intense lacquer in 'no ordinary love'. it's a hot pink high pigmented lip gloss, although it's shinier than the above lip glosses.
This product isn't sticky nor does it have the perfume taste that the lip glosses have, I found the lasting power on this product to be pretty good, lip glosses normally go within the hour when I wear them but this hung around for a good few hours before the wear and tear set in.
If you have ever tried NYC lipgloss then it's a less sticky and longer lasting version of their gloss- it tastes the same and this is the same colour as they NYC gloss in '579 fashion ave fuchsia'
This product retails for £3
Now the next product is veryyyy similar to a product I've reviewed before, the 'mua velvet lip lacquers' as I stated above, I believe the owner of this company has some association to MUA so it is no surprise that the formula's would be similar.
The product I'm talking about is the Salvation velvet lip lacquer in 'what I believe', now, you need a very thin layer of this product or it will go horrible around the inside of your mouth, it's basically a liquid lipstick that sets to a matte velvet finish and stays put- it is impossible to remove without oil. 
I can get a good few hours out of this lip colour, maximum probably 5 hours and that's drinking but not eating but the problem is, when you want to top it up you have to remove it completely and it's indestructible unless you have oil at hand.
This product is scentless and tasteless.
Considering I have all the MUA velvet lacquers in crazy bright colours, I liked that this brand had nude lip lacquers, I'm happy with the one I chose, It's a muted everyday peachy pink and I love it.
(left swatch is the velvet lip lacquer & the right swatch is the intense lacquer)
The velvet lacquer's are also £3 - bargain.


That is the first seven products over with! if you come back to my blog on Wednesday then I will be reviewing the other seven products that you see in the first photo above.
Thanks for reading & I hope you enjoyed!

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*



No comments:

Post a Comment