Pages

Search

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Velvetines DUPE?!

Hello!
Well I've never tried the Lime Crime velvetines... 
They were NEVER in stock or the colour I was after had sold out but now I don't feel the need too.
The products I'm talking about today are the MUA luxe velvet lip lacquers, 
I originally purchased two of the colours just to try them out and
 decided I wanted to try more but in the name of blogging,
 I ended up picking them all up despite them not being the best 
colour choices for me. #pinkhairproblems

 First off, can we just give a round of applause to MUA for the packaging?! it's a big step up from their original packaging, These products are part of the LUXE line.
The best part about these products though? they're £3 each, that means you can pick up all these colours for the price of one of the velvetines! You can also get FREE delivery on orders over £10 if you buy HERE 
 So you can probably tell already by me picking up further colours that I do actually really like these products, I was unsure at first whether the quality would be up to scratch but I was actually surprised, they are also very true to colour!
They are very pigmented and streak free...except for one shade.
 'Atomic', the orange shade, no matter how many times I've swatched this on my lips it just comes out chunky and patchy, maybe I got a dodgy one? as the rest are great.
Also 'Kooky', the dark purple colour is streaky IF you don't apply it quickly but with a bit of practice this is no problem, guess this is just a downside to velvet setting lipsticks, you have to work quickly.
My only other complaint is the wands to apply the product, if I'm doing a red lip then I want it to be perfect and it is not something I can accomplish with the wand that comes in this product, no biggie, I just use a lip brush and I guess I can't complain for £3 but this is just if I'm being picky!

Apart from that,I LOVE these, The orange shade clashes with my hair and looks hideous on me but in general it's a nice colour and if I didn't have pink hair then It's be wearable!

The longevity of these lip colours is pretty good, I can get a good 6-8 hours out of them before they need removing, you're fine to drink, eating can be a problem depending on what you're eating, if you're eating anything with oil or anything greasy then they will go horrible round your inner lip, so curry or a kebab is a no go ;)
You will also have a hard time removing these, they are transfer proof and kiss proof so you can apply them,let them set and then apply lip balm if you want transfer free lipstick but not dry lips as these are pretty drying! but word of warning, you will need some sort of oil to get these off, you can pick up baby oil for around £1 so it's not too big of an issue.
overall I really like these for an occasion when I want lasting lip colour, maybe not so much everyday but you can't complain for £3 right?!
 Atomic ^
 Criminal ^
 Funk ^
 Kooky ^
 Reckless^



lasting power:
cute packaging:
velvet matte finish:
no scent:
pigmented:
affordable:

Overall rating: 4.5 / 5


*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned* 


No comments:

Post a Comment