Pages

Search

Wednesday 4 June 2014

My current make up favourites.

Hellooooo,
Welcome back to my blog! 
today is the first of my alternate Wednesday posts.

On tumblr this week it was requested that I show my favourite make up
products and I thought it'd be a pretty fun blog posts to show you my current make up
favourites, not my all time favourites (although some are!)
So instead of just picking two items I like, I have selected my current
favourite product or most used product of the moment in that category, 
e.g foundation, concealer etc.
So let's jump in!
So this is an overview of the products in category one, foundation, powder, bronzer,
blusher, highlighter and eyeshadow.

Foundation: 
The foundation I have been using recently and loving is the Vichy Dermablend in 'opal', this foundation is amazingly high coverage while looking flawless and not cakey, so if I'm having a bad skin day I can opt for full coverage and for a decent skin day I mix it with some moisturiser and it lightens the coverage, the only downside to this foundation is the shade range, 'opal' is a bit too pink for me but the next shade up which is 'nude' is slightly too dark *sigh* but apart from that I can't fault this foundation.
Powder
For powder I have selected the Ben Nye neutral set face powder, this powder is pretty basic and has no colour too it which is what I love in a powder, I look for a mattifying effect and not any extra coverage and that's what this powder does, strictly mattifies.
It also doesn't leave a white cast on my face despite what it looks like.
Powders such as the Rimmel stay matte just give me cake face so this is my powder of choice and it lasts foreverrrrrr. Only downside would be the huge packaging as it's not travel friendly.
Bronzer
The bronzer I've been using A LOT at the moment is the Bourjois bronzing powder in '51', I'm currently super pale at the moment and this is my go to pale bronzer as it's a lot lighter and less pigmented than my other bronzers and it doesn't come off muddy looking, it's pretty light and perfect for pale skin and if you ever get the chance then smell this bronzer! it's a tiny bit perfumey but it has a slight chocolaty scent, mmm.
Highlighter
The highlighter that I've been reaching for pretty much every time since I got it is the mary-lou manizer, if you've not seen my review of this then I'll link it HERE, it is just perfection, super silky texture and a beautiful luminous shade. 
Blusher
This is my all time favourite blusher, It's the MUA blusher in shade 4, I have tried all kinds of high end blushers but this is by far my favourite and it's a drugstore product!
The colour is so beautiful! I picked up a few on a whim ages ago and fell in love with this shade, it perfectly compliments my skin tone, it's SO pigmented.
The packaging on these blushers are rubbish, the lid always snaps off and has done on every one that I own but you can't complain for the price, they cost £1! I have back ups because I love this shade and the pigmentation so much!
Eyeshadow
The eyeshadow I have been reaching for recently is a fairly new purchase for me, it's a quad called 'what's nude' from the soap and glory make up line, I picked this up in boots last week and have used it every day since. 
The eye shadows are pigmented and buttery soft in texture and it's such a good range of shades.
Soap and glory make up has been a bit hit and miss for me but this product is an absolute gem!
This is an over view of the second half of this post, mascara, concealer, eyebrow product, lip liner, eyeliner, lipstick, lip balm & lip gloss.
So let's start with mascara and concealer.
Mascara
The two mascaras that I have been using recently are the Rimmel 'lash accelerator' and the Loreal 'miss manga', Instead of doing two coats of the same mascara I always use two different mascaras, it's almost like when you apply nail polish over the top of nail polish and it removes it, with two different formula's they seem to build up more and not remove any product from the first coat.
So first I apply the Rimmel mascara to lengthen and then the Loreal mascara to build up volume and extra length to my lashes and I'm loving these two together.
either of these mascaras does smudge a little under my eyes but it's very little compared to most other I have used, even waterproof formula's don't seem to stick on me but my lashes always touch my face so it can't really be helped. #longlashproblems
Concealer
My all time favourite concealer is the Collection lasting perfection concealer, I love the coverage it gives and the lightest shade is super light without being pink and I love that, it's just an overall good concealer for under the eyes or on blemishes.
I have tried super pricey alternatives such as the Kevin Aucoin sensual skin enhancer and I much prefer this product for coverage.
& it's super cheap! I love it.

Now let's move onto lips! my favourite part!
I chose a lip 'gloss' (if you can call this product that), a lip balm and a lipstick for this section.

Lip gloss
This has to be one of, if not my all time favourite lip product- it's a little pricey but to me it's worth every penny, this is the YSL glossy stain in #10, a beautiful glossy red stain.
This really does stay on my lips all day despite the glossy finish, it's a 2-3 step process.
Firstly you buff the stain into your lips and wait for a minute, then you apply a thin second coat for a glossy look to the lips and to even out the colour, you could leave it here but if you apply a third thin coat it turns into a beautiful super glossy red lip and no other product compares, it isn't sticky, it stays put and it smells amazing- all I could ask for from this product.
Lip balm
Well lip balms aren't strictly make up but I always apply one before applying make up so it counts right?
This is my favourite right now and every time I get dry lips! It's the Lanolips lemonaid lip aid.
This product contains lanolin so it's super protective and moisturising for dry lips and always sorts out my lips within a day or two!
I can wear this product as a gloss as it has a super shiny finish with little tiny shimmery flecks in it so it doesn't look like your average lip balm and the best part is the smell/taste,  fizzy sherbet lemons, it is to die for!
This product claims to exfoliate the lips as it contains lemon oil, it's over 97% naturally derived and it's animal cruelty free, yay!
Lipstick
I own two lipsticks from this line and they're the only two colours I liked from the range, this lipstick is the soap and glory 'super colour fabu-lipstick' in 'pom pom', my most used shade from the two that I own.
It's matte, it goes on smoothly and it smells like vanilla!
I love it! for a darker lipstick like this one, any red or berry shade I like a budge proof matte lipstick and that is what this is, I can't fault anything but the colour range.

Now lastly we have eyebrow product, lip liner and eyeliner.
Eyebrow product
This baby is genius! it's the soap and glory brow archery pencil and tint in the shade 'brownie points', the pencil shade it perfect, it's not a red-dy brown, it's more taupe brown which is perfect for me!
It's also not too soft or too waxy like most drugstore eyebrow products, it's an absolute steal!
I like to draw the underside of my brow using the tint and fill in the rest of my brow with the pencil and if my brows look sparse at the front I'll use the tint to draw on tiny strokes to look like hairs.
The tint does dry up pretty fast and can take a good shaking to try and revive it. 
Lip liner
I've really got into lip liners over the past year or so, (I'm planning to do a blog post on nude lip liners!) but this one has been my favourite for a while, it's matte and sticks around for ages.
It's the Rimmel exaggerate lip liner in #063 eastend snob, It's the perfect colour for my lips and is highly pigmented.
My only pet peeve is you get less product in this pencil than other rimmel pencils as it;s a twist up and it's more expensive that the sharpen type pencils, I wish they'd make this colour in pencil form.
This pencil is also prone to breakage so be careful.
I like to use this all over the lips as a lipstick not strictly a lip liner but it is amazing.
Eyeliner
As you can see this eyeliner pencil is getting short! that's because I use it daily.
It's the Rimmel scandal eyes waterproof Kohl kajal pencil in #001 black.
It goes on in one swipe, no tugging and sticks around for hours! 
It's super pigmented and I couldn't ask for more in an eyeliner, it's the best one I've ever tried.
I can't shed any light on the waterproof part though!

Well here we are, the end of the post!
I hope this was helpful and 
that you enjoyed &
Thank you for reading!
Go forth and shop ;) 


  *All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*


Follow my links:

No comments:

Post a Comment