Pages

Search

Monday 22 September 2014

NEW Rimmel Provocalips Review & Lip Swatches!

Hello!
I have an exciting blog post today,
It's a review of the NEW Rimmel provocalips that are due to launch in
October but I stumbled across them this week in my local Asda.
So keep reading below for my thoughts on this product! 
£6.99 - launches 1st October 
(check your local Asda!)
 I'll start by saying that I didn't have high hopes for this product, I became less 
interested in Rimmel as a brand after the 'apocalips', they smelt horrible,
they got on my teeth and I had to blot them hard or they smeared everywhere.
I am eating my words now that I have tried this product, 
Rimmel have completely turned it around for me and supplied my possible new 
favourite lip product, I'm eyeing the dark red shade next.

The texture is very smooth, it doesn't look crusty even on dry lips.
It is a two step product which is made up of a matte liquid lipstick on one end 
and a colourless balm/gloss on the other.
Both applicators are doe foot sponge applicators and they're not overly fluffy or hard to use.
 Once you apply the liquid lip colour you wait a few minutes
for it to 'set', you can then apply the gloss/balm which seals the colour in and
moisturises the lips.
You may get a little bit of colour on your gloss/balm applicator but it's nothing to worry about,
you'll see yourself that it is then completely transfer proof.

The colour that I chose is '730 make your move' A dark nude shade,
 my favourite kind of shade in fact.
I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging, I think they should of either gone down the classy 
OR quirky route, not mixed them but whatever, kinda' cute I guess.
The colour range is a little poor, I'd of liked a berry shade for winter but they may bring out others soon.
The scent/taste is plastic-y but it's very faint, the balm smells more like perfume and plastic but
you could always use your own gloss if it's too much for you. 
Once the liquid lipstick has set you can't smell or taste it.

As it is a matte lipstick you would expect it to dry out your lips but it actually doesn't,
I've never come across anything like it.
I'm a HUGE fan of the Maybelline versions of this product but they've been pushed
to the back of my lipstick collection now!
I can't feel this product on my lips, I forget I'm wearing it in fact, it's so soft and lightweight.

It doesn't fade or crack throughout the day and it's incredible.
The lasting power is like nothing else, It doesn't get on my teeth, I can eat (even greasy food),
I can drink alcohol, I can kiss, I have even scrubbed at it with a cotton pad and there is 
no movement, NONE!
I can get a full day out of this product and it still looks flawless.
It's just a pain to get off, you will NEED an oil....
 I'm willing to deal with the extra removal step for the lasting power it has.
I'm very critical when it comes to lip products and this is certainly something that
is one of a kind in terms of formula.

The only downside is, a few hours later when the balm wears off
(it's more of a liquid balm than a gloss, it's a very strange texture)
The lip colour starts to feel a little sticky BUT it doesn't stick to your other lip and peel the lip colour off like other liquid lipsticks do, You can always just apply more balm.
Such a minor downside for once!
It also doesn't go weird and chunky around the inside of my mouth like most liquid 
lipsticks do, I have been waiting for this day!!
 (The above photo is when balm is applied)

 This lip colour is VERY pigmented, it goes on in one swipe and has full opacity. 
 This product contains 4ml of liquid lipstick and 3ml of balm/gloss.
(As you can see, I kissed the back of my hand and the mark is literally just the
balm/gloss, no colour, no transfer!)

They retail for £6.99 and launch on the 1st October, although if you check
your local Asda like I did then you might get them early!
I think they're worth £30 never mind £6.99, 
they're much better quality than some of my high end lip products!
I give this product 5/5!

Have you tried this early like I have? or are you excited for these?

What are your thoughts?


*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do 
they know they're mentioned - I just have no self control when shopping*

 Thanks for reading!


  
Follow my links:


No comments:

Post a Comment