Pages

Search

Friday 28 February 2020

Revlon colorburst matte balm - 205 Elusive - review.

Hello!
Today I'm reviewing the Revlon matte balm
in the shade '205 Elusive'.
£7.99 - link

So let's start with the first thing I noticed when I first applied this product, it's mint scented and flavoured.
I do like scent in my products and I think mint is nice for a lip product, it kind of makes you feel like you have minty fresh breath and you can taste it when you talk, it's kinda' nice in my opinion, much better than some of the plastic flavoured lip products.


The texture is super silky, it glides on with no effort and no pulling on the lips, you wouldn't expect it to be a matte finish with the way it smoothes over the lips so easily.

This particular shade was my colour of choice due to it being a nice everyday lip colour which is exactly what this is, a matte muted rose pink.
It has the 'your lips but better' effect and isn't too over done which is what you want for most day time make up looks or to pair with a dramatic eye even.
This product does transfer when you kiss or rub it, even after wearing it a little while, it doesn't seem to 'set'.
As the colour isn't dramatic I don't mind it transferring but I'm not sure I'd buy the darker colours with such a transferable formula.
As it doesn't set, this means it's really easy to remove, it could be taken off with the swipe of a tissue - no need for oil based removers.

The lasting power isn't the greatest, it sticks around for a few hours without the need for a top up but eating will wear at this product quite a bit and drinking can also make it go a little bit chunky and separated around the inner part of your lips.
Although I'm not a big fan of having to re-apply a lip product, this does happen to be really quick and easy to apply and you could top up the worn off parts in one quick swipe.

This lip product doesn't feel drying on the lips like a lot of matte lip products can but  
if you apply it on top of already dry lips it can make them look a lot worse, it clings to all the little dry patches and doesn't look great - but if your lips are nice and moisturised then you'll be fine and it won't dry your lips out.

It isn't sticky, greasy or glossy, it does indeed have a matte velvet look to it and as the name would suggest 'matte balm', it does have a balm like texture and feels weightless on the lips, I can't tell I'm wearing it.

I think the packaging is nice, it's a twist up pencil which is great - no sharpening there.
and the colours of the product match the outer packaging which I like.
The only downside with Revlon lip products that have a lid like this is that they crack so easily but besides that I have no complaints.
It's about the same width as a normal lipstick but longer so it's not overly travel friendly.

The pigmentation is incredible, I was not expecting the amount of pigmentation for swatching it so lightly but you do need to be very light handed and use very little, I love that.

Finally, the last thing I have to say about this product is that because it is matte and a velvet texture, it also looks nice on the cheeks, I do like to use this as a natural everyday blush to match my blusher and lip colour.
It appears very natural and non sticky unlike some cream blushers, I really like this as a blush.
As I mentioned earlier that it isn't the most travel friendly as it is pretty much just a long lipstick, if you were to multi task and use it as a blusher then you could save yourself some room!


Overall I really like this product for everyday or when my lips aren't 
dry, I love the pigmentation and the ease to apply it.
I also really like it as an everyday matching cheek and lip combo.
I'd definitely repurchase this product but I'd maybe skip on the darker
colours if you don't like a transferable dark lip colour.

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned - I just have no self control when shopping*

 Thanks for reading!
Have you tried this product? what are your thoughts?
Follow my links:

No comments:

Post a Comment