Pages

Search

Friday 18 July 2014

Fragrance On Friday. #18 Lush snow fairy - limited edition.

Hello! 
Welcome back for fragrance on Friday week eighteen!
we are nearly at the end of this series now!
today's review is on Lush Snow fairy Fragrance (Limited edition) 

 

Limited edition
Every year lush release limited edition perfumes in the UK and the public
vote on their scents, I picked this up at Christmas time.
There are however very few on eBay.

Previous Fragrance on Friday's
 As stated above this fragrance is limited edition, ever year at Lush
the public vote on which Lush scent they want making into a perfume
and four or five scents are made into perfume form, they
are only available for a few weeks a year and I was lucky enough to grab this at
Christmas time, keep your eyes peeled, it may be back this Christmas.

I couldn't find the description online for this scent as it was limited edition and they take
all snow fairy products off the website until Christmas!
but the bottle say:
"The smell of candy floss and pear drops for sweet-shop nostalgia"

Well to be fair that pretty much sums this up, pear drops and something else
sugary sweet which could well be candy floss.
It's exactly like the shower gel if you've smelt that or the godmother soap
(which is sold all year round) which also shares the same scent and I love it!
It's quite synthetic smelling, it's very very sweet and not sophisticated at all,
it's like a child's body spray but I really enjoy smelling like a pear drop to be honest and as much as I wish they sold snow fairy products all year round, I actually
love the excitement of it being released at Christmas.
It comes off a little soapy smelling on my skin but overall it's just pear drops and sherbet, that's the best way I can describe it, I think the soapiness to the scent helps to 
make it identical to the actual shower gel, gotta' love smelling like you're in the shower.
It's quite overpowering for a lot of people and if you don't like sweet scents then this is 
100% not for you!
I do feel a little like I'm wearing children's body spray and not at all serious when wearing this,
it's just something a little fun that I like to wear every now and again when I'm craving
a sweet scent but I wouldn't wear this day to day as it can be quite sickly.
 It's certainly an acquired taste, I find it comes off very sickly when first applied but after ten minutes it settles into the skin and is a lot nicer.


Now on to the packaging, it's the same as the Demeter fragrance bottles that
I reviewed on a previous weekly blog post.
A sleek rectangle glass bottle with black and white bold text.
Simple but effective.
I love the size of the bottle and how it's not too bulky, great for 
your handbag and it has a cap so it doesn't spray in your bag.
It's clear glass so you can see the amount you have left.
I've had no problems with the spray top 
(Britney spears fragrances get dodgy spray tops often!)

The lasting power of this fragrance is pretty good, not as good as
the other limited edition Lush scent (ponche) that I have.
It does stick around all day but it isn't as strong as the other and fades
quicker.

Pro's
  packaging
unique fragrance

Cons
not available all year round
no guarantee of coming back

overall I do love this fragrance, I think the other limited edition scent
was a little more wearable from day to day and the lasting power is better
but as I said, this scent is an acquired taste and it's not always mine, it depends on my 
mood.
It'd be nice if  Lush replaced their original perfumes (as some stink!)
with these kind of scents to match their best selling products,
(snow fairy, creamy candy, ponche, the comforter etc)
those products obviously sell for a reason, the main one being the smell, so why not!?

I like that this product is made from natural ingredients and the rest
are safe synthetics, none of which have been tested on animals nor
bought from companies that test on animals.

I love the company and their morals, I love the scent &
I love the packaging.

I'd rate this fragrance  4 / 5   
<3

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*


 Thanks for reading!
Have you tried this fragrance? What are your thoughts?




Follow my links:

No comments:

Post a Comment