Pages

Search

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Top 5 Favourite high end foundations.

Hello,
Today's post is on my top 5 favourite high end foundations,
This is part two of my foundations post that went up on Wednesday,
If you haven't seen my high street version, you can see it here - link.
so here's a quick overview, let's start with the first one.
Chanel vitalumiere aqua - # 10 Beige (I think it's now B10 beige pastel)  - £33 - 30ml - link
This foundation is one of my all time favourites, it was first speculated that this foundation would be bad for oily skin but I think it'd look the worst on a drier skin to be honest, around the winter time my skin gets a little dry and this does not sit well but when my skin is it's oily self, this foundation looks so good.
It has a light coverage and a light formula, you can't really feel it on your skin and it looks super natural, it's a good skin day in a bottle, a very beautiful, convenient bottle.
I'll wear this when I'm having a pretty good skin day as it doesn't really cover blemishes too well, it doesn't provoke more spots, this is scented (powdery) it doesn't break me out.
This foundation is best applied with fingers, if using a brush then it will just get soaked up straight away.
I can get around 4-5  hours out of this foundation with no touch ups but that's fine for me as it's more of a day wear foundation for me due to the light coverage, for night time I like to look a little more flawless.
Although if you do want a natural coverage for nights out then this is perfect, it contains SPF 15, so you shouldn't get too much, if any, flash back from photos but it does have some skin protection in there.
The downside - looks horrible on dry skin & doesn't cover blemishes.
semi matte / velvet finish.
MAC Studio Fix Fluid - # NC15 - £21.50 - 30ml - link
This is one of my most reliable foundations that I always come back too, a lot of people don't like MAC foundations but they seem to work really well for me (I also own studio sculpt, studio fix powder foundation and face and body but none of them made the cut!)
The colouring on this foundation works really well for me, it's more yellow toned, although I'm very fair skinned naturally I do lean more yellow toned than pink so this is great, it seems to be a near perfect match.
I'd say it's medium coverage but buildable, I just like to use one thin coat.
I can get a full days wear from this foundation (around 8 hours) but I do get oily throughout my t-zone.
This foundation doesn't accentuate my pores and looks flawless especially when powdered, it photographs exceptionally well from my experience even while containing SPF 15.
I find I can pull this off when my skin is a little more on the dry side also, it doesn't cling to flaky bits or chunk together like a lot of foundations on top of dry skin.
I hate that this bottle has no pump on it, it drives me insane smacking it against my hand and ending up with too much, for £21.50 you can surely supply me with a decent bottle or dispenser please mac.
flawless natural matte finish.
Estee Lauder double wear - # 1w1 bone - £29.50  - 30ml - link
This is a foundation that can not be beaten for those with oily skin, I love this for special events, nights out or days where I need incredible, budge proof coverage.
I love that once I buff this foundation into my skin, it's there all day and I have no need to re-powder of touch up, it's there for keeps.
But a foundation with great staying power also has great difficulty with removal.
You have to work very quickly with this formula, you can't just apply it in 5 spots on your face then blend 5 minutes later, it's a case of apply and blend, blend, blend, because once it sets, it really has set (a bit like cement for your face).
This lasts all day and all night on me, I may get the occasional smile lines / cracks round my mouth from smiling a lot but that isn't a problem unless I'm literally wearing it from 9am til 6pm, that's when they will start to show.
It truly makes the skin look flawless especially in photographs, it covers a multitude of sins and it does not budge.
It also contains SPF 10 which helps with flash photography as the SPF is lower than most foundations.
I dislike that this has no pump and that you don't have much time to work it into the skin.
natural matte finish. (although I'd disagree and say flawless matte finish)
Nars sheer glow - # Mont blanc - £31 - 30ml - link
I have such a love hate relationship with this foundation, I think it's a lot more hyped up that it should be, it is a very good foundation but I do think it's a little pricey and sometimes It doesn't sit right on my skin, you have to have pretty decent skin to begin with, but if you're having a good skin day, this on top makes your skin amazing.
First off it's not sheer and it's not glowy - that's everybody's cause for complaint, the name is so ill fitting.
It's a medium coverage, websites claim that it is in fact sheer but it surely isn't, I use one thin layer and get a decent medium coverage from it which covers scars and blemishes.
I can get a good 4 hours from this but it does wear a little more than the rest, this is one I'd use on a night out or out for a meal, I don't find it too long wearing.
It's not the most flattering on dry skin but you can get away with it if you exfoliate and moisturise before hand. 
It doesn't contain any SPF so it's perfect for photographs and does photograph beautifully and the colour range is also pretty good, this is a perfect match for my pale skin.
I wish it came with a pump, the lid for my bottle doesn't even screw on proper so I suppose a decent pump/lid is out of the question anyway.
satin finish.
Clarins everlasting foundation - # 103 Ivory - £27 - 30ml - link
I love this foundation! I first picked it up on a discount make up website for sound £18 and since then I've re-purchased twice from my local clarins counter.
It smells great, the finish is so soft and beautiful looking and it has coverage.
It claims it's a medium to full matte coverage, I'd say it's a good full medium coverage, very full coverage if built up but can look horrible on pores if you build it up, you shouldn't need more than one layer anyway as it does cover well.
The formula is silky soft and velvety, it just glides on and sets to a radiant powder finish,
this foundation lasts around 5-6 hours on me but I do have to touch it up with powder as I get an oily t-zone with it, it's nothing major.
It does look incredible while you have it on though, if I wear to get married now I think this is the foundation I'd choose to wear due to it making me look healthy, while covering scars etc but also my skin looks soft and flawless.
It has good coverage but doesn't feel heavy.
It contains SPF 15 so nothing too crazy and won't ruin your photos, if anything this looks great in pictures.
BUT the thing I despise more than anything, my one pet peeve, a true hate... the pump!
yes, you read that right, after all my complaints for a pump from other foundations and I complain about the one foundation that comes with one, well it's ruined two lots of bedding, a new top and a set of curtains...
This thing gets so jammed up with foundation that your only choice is to push hard on the pump and it fires everywhere, word of warning.. every time you use it, squirt it into a tissue slightly to make sure it's coming out, apart from that the packaging is heavy, beautiful and luxurious.
semi matte/velvet finish.

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned- I just have no self control when shopping*


 Thanks for reading!
Have you tried any of these products? what are your thoughts?




Follow my links:

No comments:

Post a Comment