Pages

Search

Monday 29 September 2014

Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil Review

Hello!
Today's review is something a little different for me, a skincare product review.
I don't change up my skincare too much so my blog tends to be more aimed at make up and
body care.
Anyway, this is a product that I've had for quite a while now and have found myself 
going back to now it's coming in to the colder months which has made me
 fall head over heels for it once again.
So if you want to know a little more then keep reading below!
£24.95  -  link

This product is a facial oil for oily/combination skin that is made out of 100% pure plant extracts.
It claims to purify, tighten pores, refine skin texture, soften, soothe, moisturise and prevent fine lines.
These are quite bold claims all from a little bottle of oil.
  
This oil is something I tend to go back to more in the colder months as my skin doesn't need that kind of hydration in summer.
It does soak in quite quickly but leaves an oily residue on the skin so it's not a product for day time use, I'd strictly use it for the evenings.
   
Oil wouldn't be my first thought, even though I studied skin care and beauty in college, I still know what my skin does and doesn't like and oil is one of them, it has always made me oilier despite what people say about oil making your skin less oily. 
One day I received a sample of this when purchasing a face powder compact from Clarins and it lasted me forever! Once I had finally finished it up, I ran out to buy the full size.
The full size consists of a 30ml bottle which will last a life time! I have used quite a lot of mine up but I've had it around a year now and I have used it on my hair, my body and my cuticles.... These were all suggestions by the lady on the Clarins counter, she also said you can put a few drops in your bath!
   
The surprising thing with this oil is that it doesn't break me out, it does leave my skin a little greasy at night but it creates no new spots, It actually kind of helps to heal my older spots and scarring.
Despite leaving me looking greasy when I go to bed, it leaves my skin with an incredible luminous glow when I wake, I look like I've had a good nights sleep and plenty of water 
( I never have either! )

It may be a bit greasy/oily when applied but it isn't when you wake up and it doesn't make your skin over produce more oil, it prevents it.


The texture is very smooth and oily as you'd imagine but it's also quite thin and watery, not a thick gunky oil that you have to paste on your skin, it feels incredibly light and hydrating.


The claims - are they true?
- I'm not sure if it purifies the skin but it does leave it very fresh and luminous looking.
- It didn't tighten my pores which is unfortunate.
- I'd say it did refine my skin texture, It left it looking even and healthy.
- It did soften and moisturise.
- It is soothing (unfortunate waxing incident but this did help - I wasn't sure because of 
  the scent at first as it's strong but never the less it did soothe)
- And finally did it prevent fine lines? possibly but I am only 21 so I'll get back to you 
  when I'm 25 and let you know if they have started to appear!

As I just touched on above, it is strongly scented so this won't be for everyone - 
it is a VERY love/hate kind of a scent.
At first I thought it smelt really fancy and luxurious like in a spa, which is what you want from quite a pricey oil but I then realised it also kind of smelt like mosquito repellent, so if you can get a sample or go and have a sniff first then I'd greatly advise it, I don't mind the smell too much personally.

This product is high end, It's from Clarins and it does come with a price tag, I believe it to be in the region of £30 in boots stores but I have found a link online where it can be purchased for £24.95 (link above - under photographs)
So if you want to save a few pennies then I'd suggest the above link which provides free delivery.

* Quick disclaimer - I'm not sponsored, Clarins nor the link above know they're mentioned, I'm just reviewing my own skincare essential and finding you a cheaper price in case you want it too! *

So as you can probably tell by everything I have written above,
I love this product! I do think it's made a big difference in my skin,
I don't break out as often, It's balanced my oil production and it helps to keep my skin 
soft and hydrated when it gets super cold outside.
It's certainly a staple in my skin care except for the month of summer where
I do not require it's hydrating services!
Also it's free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates (whatever that is)
& contains 100% pure plant extracts and zero preservatives,
which is always a good thing, the less nasties, the better!
 
I give it 5/5 and I will repurchase once I have worked my way through
this bottle.


Have you tried this oil?

what are your thoughts?
 Thanks for reading!
 
Follow my links:

No comments:

Post a Comment