Pages

Search

Friday 25 April 2014

Fragrance On Friday #5 - Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Review

Hello, welcome back for week five :)
 If you haven't checked out my previous Fragrance On Fridays
 then check them out here:
week one     week two     week three    week four   

The fragrance I'm talking about this week is 'Marc Jacobs Daisy - eau so fresh' .
As I've said in another post, I'm not the biggest fan of floral scents but I decided back around Christmas time that Daisy was the perfect spring/summer scent for when I want to be a bit more...adult ha.
I decided against the original Marc Jacobs Daisy, as it was a lot stronger and you got a lot less in it, also this scent is a lot lighter and fresher.
£55.50 - 75ml - link
It's described as 
" It's bright, elegant, and full of charm. Lose yourself in a field of flowers with daisy eau so fresh. "

Notes
Top notes: Natural Raspberry, Grapefruit, Pear
Heart notes: Violets, Wild Rose, Apple Blossom
Base notes: Musks, Cedar wood, Plum

As you'd expect it is floral, I don't smell any fruitiness in it, to me it's strictly a fresh, light, floral scent.

This is a scent I'd wear to feel a little more sophisticated rather than my normal sugary scents, it's more of a date night or special occasion perfume for me and not one I would use everyday, especially down to the price tag...
£55.50  f0r 75ml.

This is the most expensive perfume I have owned and I do like to be sparing with it but the downside to this is that the fragrance doesn't last very long, I'd say 3 hours max, or maybe that's just when you get too used to it? 
you can still smell it on yourself if you have a sniff but you don't get wafts of it in general which is unfortunate, maybe try the original daisy if you want lasting power... 
the original version is stronger and lasts longer but you get less.
I only condoned getting this fragrance as a Christmas treat to myself...
(I couldn't resist the cute Christmas box and free shower gel)
This is quite a bulky perfume, the bottle is wide and fat and the lid is very inconvenient but if you're looking for a handbag friendly size, there is actually one available in a 20 ml form, this retails for £29.50 - link

The packaging is just beautiful, I love how all the detail is on the lid so if you're not keen on the flowers then just ditch the lid but personally I'm a huge fan of the daisies.

I'd give this product  3.5/5!

Have you tried this fragrance? Do you think it's worth the price?


*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned* 



No comments:

Post a Comment