Pages

Search

Saturday 26 July 2014

Fragrance On Friday. #19 Carolina Herrera 212 surf - summer limited edition. (still available!)

Hello! 
Welcome back for fragrance on Friday week nineteen.

(Or fragrance on saturday this week!
if you follow me on tumblr, you know I had some camera issues.)
 
We are two fragrances away from this series ending including this post!
Today's review is on the Carolina Herrera 212 surf summer edition.
This is the summer limited edition version of the original 212 women's fragrance.


Originally £36 but Currently £24 for 60ml! - link

Previous Fragrance on Friday's

This fragrance as stated above is limited edition, it's the summer version of the original
212 women's fragrance, I'm not sure when they will stop selling this fragrance but
it's currently £24 at boots (I wish it was last week, grr.)
maybe this is to get rid of all the left over stock and discontinue it?
I originally came across this a few weeks ago while working in the fragrance
section of boots - (no this isn't sponsored, it's just cheaper at boots right now!)
I had a spritz and then thought nothing more of it until I got a
waft of it later on.
I then came across it while shopping in Manchester the other week and had a spritz,
yet again I could smell this incredible scent later on.
Once I realised what it was, I had to order it!
I did order it online as it was cheaper, I paid around £29-30 for it,
I started off thinking £36 (it's original price) was expensive but it took me a while
to actually realise it's 60ml of fragrance, most perfumes are only 30ml,
so really you're getting the amount of two bottles of this fragrance for the price of one,
which is an absolute steal for the £24 discounted price that I found online!

It's described as:
"A fresh and addictive sensuality with an exotic touch and a warm woody contrast, accompanied by a range of innovative accords of musk. We can highlight the new molecule cascalone which brings an extremely original, young and sexy freshness.
Exotic, Tropical, Colourful & Chic, surf with style and attitude this summer!"

This fragrance is quite strong, even when it's sat on your skin for a few hours
it comes off quite strong and the main scent that hits me is something
very floral.
It doesn't state this in the description but the bottle has flowers on it so I'd assume
there are floral notes in there. (considering I can smell them also!)
I wouldn't say it's 'tropical', to me that makes me think fruity and
light, this is just very summery and floral,
I can't really smell much else in it.
Despite it being super floral and summery, it's quite sophisticated and not child like.


As this is a new fragrance in my collection I still have the outer packaging,
Just thought I'd add this in here before talking about the bottle!
Cute huh? much cuter than the original version's packaging!

The packaging is bulky, not one for a handbag,
as I mentioned there is 60ml of fragrance in this instead of the typical 30ml,
the two fragrance balls twist out of the ends so you have two 30ml bottles but they
have no cap so if they're in your bag they could spray.
When putting the fragrance 'balls' back into the container it's super
awkward, they don't twist in properly and you have to guess how they twist/push
in, not the best, but it looks nice when it's all together.
I like the simplistic design of the bottle, pink and girly with a plain
middle section that has floral details.


The lasting power is superb with this perfume, it's quite strong and it lasts,
the scent changes very slightly after being sprayed but then it
remains the same for hours and stays equally as strong.
I don't like to really smell perfume-y when getting in bed at night so 
I'd have to shower it off before sleeping, it really does stay that
fragrant on your skin!

Pro's
  packaging looks nice
lasting power
price - (60ml for the price of 30ml!)

Cons
packaging is inconvenient
limited edition


overall I really like this fragrance, I like the longevity and the scent,
It really does linger.
I'm not a huge fan of floral scents but this one just does something
for me that others don't, it kind of reminds me of the smell of fragrance shops
in the airport so maybe that's why I like it! (I am craving a holiday so it must be subliminal!)
although the packaging is pretty, it's not travel or handbag friendly.
 I love the amount of fragrance you get for your money and at
it's current price, I don't think you can go wrong, maybe invest in a travel
atomiser with the money you save?
I'd rate this fragrance 4 / 5   
<3

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*

 Thanks for reading!
Have you tried this fragrance? What are your thoughts?



Follow my links:

No comments:

Post a Comment