Pages

Search

Sunday 3 August 2014

mini boots haul & review.

Hello!
The other day I nipped into boots, birthday money in hand and
decided to treat myself to a few bits and pieces and I thought I'd share them
& my opinions with you!
I was going to wait until my online shopping bits were delivered and turn this into a huge haul but I'd lose the will to live writing it never mind you having to read about it all if it was ten pages long!
so let's get into it.
As you can see I picked up five bits from boots & I'm starting this post with foundation.
This is the Bourjois healthy mix radiance reveal foundation in #51 light vanilla (lightest shade), I picked this up due to loving (and running out of) my daily foundation which was the gel version of this foundation, I basically just wanted to try it and see the difference.
The packaging for a start is better, it's a glass bottle as opposed to the plastic equivalent.
As for the formula, it's a little drier than the gel version which I wasn't expecting as this foundation is supposed to be luminous and radiant and the gel foundation is meant to have a semi matte finish, I'm not 100% sold on this one over the gel formula right now, It's an okay foundation for everyday as far as I can see but I think I prefer the gel foundation's slightly matte finish a little better and the way it glides on so easy.
This product retails for £9.99 (although it's 2 Bourjois products for £14 at boots right now)
& I purchased mine HERE.
I then picked up a refill of one of my favourite face powders, 
The Soap and Glory 'one heck of a blot' translucent powder.
I had one of these compacts before but on opening it one day the pan that the powder was in ejected it's self from the compact and smashed, I also had this problem when checking for safety seals on one of these powders in boots, it just threw its self at me!
So the dodgy springy packaging aside, this powder is amazing, it doesn't keep me shine free all day but it does make your foundation look flawless once set, I can usually get 4/5 hours of shine free face when wearing this powder but it comes in a compact with a mirror and a super soft face puff in case of touch ups.
This is a handbag staple for me!
This product retails for £12 (It's currently on a 3 for 2 offer in boots right now!) 
& I purchased mine HERE.
While I was browsing the 3 for 2 offer on Soap and Glory I decided to pick up this beauty, 
I'm not normally a fan of a blusher/highlighter hybrid but this was just too pretty.
It's the Soap and Glory 'love at first blush',
 It's described as a rosy glow but personally I think it comes across a lot peachier and it's very luminous.
I may only end up using this lightly as a pink/peach toned highlighter as I'm not a fan of full shiny cheeks.
This would also look great on collarbones with a tan (excuse to book a holiday? thought not.)
This product creates such a beautiful highlighted effect and does ruin the pattern once you swirl a brush in there! 
it also comes with a mirror in the lid but nothing to apply it with
 (which I actually prefer, I hate the cheap brushes they supply with makeup).
This product retails for £11 
& I purchased mine HERE
This was my third Soap and Glory thing that I got and the one that I got free from the 3 for 2 offer, I was going to pick up a refill of my usual soap and glory brow archery but online and in store have none! (according to the woman in boots, this brand is having a re-vamp - maybe they'll fix that powder's packaging huh?)
This is the Soap and Glory 'arch de triumph brow shaper & highlighter'
As I was desperate for a brow product and I ended up getting this one, I thought I might as well as it's my free item but unfortunately I don't like it!
The highlighting side is great but the brow pencil side is the downfall, it's too hard and not waxy enough, it's almost like drawing your eyebrows on with an actual pencil, it requires quite hard strokes and then just looks stupid - the size of the pencil is quite large making it harder to grip and fill in brows.
(I also managed to hurt my brow and lose a few brow hairs in the process)
I don't like the colouring of this particular brow product, the brow archery was a taupe/brown and this product is more of a warm brown, this product is just not for me at all.
This product retails for £9
& I purchased mine HERE.
Then we have the final product that I purchased, this is the Bourjois velvet matte finish liquid lipstick in '#01 personne ne rouge!', 
this was the other product I purchased as part of the 2 for £14 Bourjois offer on at boots.
There is currently a lot of hype around these products so I decided why not see what all the fuss is about.
To be honest I really don't understand the hype surrounding these, they're very creamy which actually made it hard to apply accurately and once 'set' to it's matte finish I found I still had to blot it as it kept transferring and getting on my teeth, once blotted it made this lip colour go patchy which didn't help as the formula is a little streaky to begin with, I'm not sure if they need to be built up but the thought makes me cringe due to to amount that would be on my teeth.
They're almost identical to the NYX soft matte lip creams, they do still stay transferable and creamy feeling,  hence why everyone claims them to be moisturising-
 they never properly set!
I had really high hopes for this product but unfortunately it was a disappointment, I'll be sticking to my Maybelline 24 hour lip colours in future for a red lip.
This product retail for £8.99
& I purchased mine HERE.



Have you tried any of these products? what are your thoughts?

Thanks for reading!

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*



Follow my links:

No comments:

Post a Comment