Pages

Search

Friday 28 February 2020

Revlon moisture stains review - india intrigue, barcelona nights, new york scene.

Hello!
As you can tell by the title, today's review is on 
the new Revlon moisture stains.
I have three shades, 'India intrigue', 'Barcelona nights' & 'New york scene'.
 £7.99 (currently on 2 for £10 offer) - link

 I some what didn't expect to like these, I thought
I'd compare them to the YSL glossy stains too much and 
end up not liking them but I was quite surprised, despite comparing them
ALOT, I do really like them!

When first applied they go on a bit clumpy and separated,
it's almost like old product that has separated from the oil in it,
at first swipe my face dropped and the 'what have I done buying three of these'
expression came onto my face...
I tried treating this like a YSL glossy stain by buffing in the first layer and not
just swiping... this was better! still a little streaky but wearable!
Same again with the glossy stains..you apply a second layer which perfects the 
product and leaves a high shine gloss....this product did the same!
Phew! 
 (New york scene, Barcelona nights,indie intrigue)
This is the stain after 20-30 seconds, for some reason it stains my lips more
than my actual skin, can anyone explain this?

Let's take a closer look at the colours I got!
Starting with 'India Intrigue', this is two thin coats applied
as I described above.
Next we have 'Barcelona nights'
and finally we have 'New york scene'

Highly pigmented and super glossy...
Funnily enough like the YSL equivalent, 
same with the applicator, almost an exact dupe.

I'd say the only actual differences between the two are,
1. The Revlon versions slightly feather round the edge of your lips,
but it is very slight and can always be avoided using lip liner.
2. They smell a little different, the YSL versions kind of smell like fruit with
a slight vodka smell and the Revlon versions smell more like 
a deep boozy liquor.
I personally like both scents/tastes.

I actually prefer the Revlon packaging to the YSL, I always thought
the glossy stain packaging was a little cheap but these blow them out
the water, they're classy, sleek and overall better!

The lasting power is pretty good I can get a few hours out of these
and drinking doesn't really make a dent in the product but eating does
and it will grab any crumbs!
They don't feel too sticky, they do feel kind of thick though even
 when you use a thin coat but it's just the texture of the product.

I'd say this product is a pretty close dupe to the YSL glossy stains,
there is very little difference.
If I had to pick between the two I'd go for YSL, 
I prefer the taste and I think they stick around a little longer,
not to mention they don't feather on me or feel thick
I think the YSL is the slightly improved version and feels lightweight
but the difference between the products are
so slight that you might as well pay the Revlon price tag if you're not bothered by the
above issues.
I think a lot of people expect to feel the product on their lips if they're wearing
a high gloss, bright lip which is what you get with this but you pay for what
you get with the YSL offering, you don't feel it.

Either way I love both and I do prefer to wear this and not waste
my YSL if it's not a special occasion, they look the same when on and I
don't mind repurchasing this with the price, they're so affordable.

 Have you tried these gorgeous lip stains yet?
what are your thoughts?

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*

 Thanks for reading!



Follow my links:


No comments:

Post a Comment