Pages

Search

Sunday 27 January 2013

Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquers 'big bang', 'luna' & 'stellar' - review.

Hello! 
Today's review is on the new Rimmel apocalips lip lacquers.
A few months back I purchased my first YSL lip product, a ysl glossy stain in number '10-red', after falling madly in love with this product and hearing of a high street dupe soon to be launched I was ecstatic, unfortunately I was left bitterly disappointed.
These lip products are supposed to be a lip stain, lipstick and lip gloss all in one and they're basically a liquid lipstick - very different to the glossy stains. 
 
 £6.49 - link
Now on to what I think...
First off they're nothing like the glossy stains unfortunately,the glossy stains leave a somewhat tacky layer but also kind of set after 5 minutes or so, then you can kiss, drink, eat, smile or whatever and they don't really budge.
These however smudge like no tomorrow, even a peck will leave a smear across your face.
They also STINK, they smell like plastic and there is no avoiding it.

Now, these products transfer like crazy, they smudge on your face really easily,they transfer when you kiss, they come off when you eat or go patchy and the WORST thing, they get all over your teeth and you have to scratch it off constantly! they're just too messy!
I really wanted to love them due to the incredible pigment and easy application but they just don't last on me, I wish they had a matte finish or a better lasting power.

If I apply a really think coat and blot with a tissue I can somewhat get away with wearing them but they don't keep the beautiful effect that they have when first applied which is a shame.

I picked up three shades of these, big band (a bright red), luna (a peachy nude) and stellar (a bright pink), all three shades are stunning.

These didn't really work for me when worn straight out the tube, if blotted they lose their shine but it's the only way I can wear them.
They're still super pretty but I just wish they glossy effect didn't mean easily transferable and sticky.
I also wish they didn't taste so awful but for £6.49 I can overlook that detail.



have you tried these? what are your thoughts?
*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*
 

7 comments:

  1. Hey Georgia :) Nice blog, love the reviews!
    I nominated you for the Liebster award!
    Check it here - http://lisatakespictures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thankyou so much,that's really sweet! :) I'm not sure how to go about answering questions or whatever it is I have to do though,oops xxx

      Delete
  2. I need Big Bang i think that is the best one out of the lot - would look great on a night out. Awesome posts & Swatches :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a gorgeous colour isn't it! I could deal with most of the issues apart from it getting on my teeth all the time otherwise I'd wear it constantly hahs & thankyou so much :) xx

      Delete
  3. oh wow! those are some beautiful colors - my favorite is luna:) very beautiful!
    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete