Pages

Search

Thursday 1 May 2014

Fragrance On Friday #6 - Demeter pina colada, black russian, vanilla cake batter and sex on the beach review

Hello, 
welcome back for week six!
This week I will be discussing 4 perfumes! .. yes you read that right.. 4 perfumes from the same brand, the same formula, just 4 different scents :)

The fragrances I'm talking about are Demeter..
The four fragrances I own are Pina Colada, Black Russian,
 Vanilla Cake Batter and Sex on the beach .. yep they're mostly cocktails ha ha!



Varied prices, linked below. (starting at £6!)
First I'll start with Pina colada,
 It's described as :
" Demeter's Pina Colada is a luscious mixture of Cream of Coconut, Fresh Pineapple and Light Rum, blended to a perfect sweetness and richness. "
This scent is veryyyyy sweet, almost sickly sweet,
this one doesn't have the best longevity, after a few hours you can't really smell it anymore which is kind of a bummer, once the initial sickly smell dies down a bit then it's a really nice tropical and boozy scent. 
it's very fruity and sweet and I can definitely smell pineapple!
The second scent is Black Russian,
I chose this scent down to being a huge fan of black Russian cocktails and I can't say it smells too much like one,it smells like vodka to be honest... chocolatey vodka..
It's still a nice scent but you do smell like you've been out boozing all night so maybe not one for the office.
It is described as :
" A sharp and sexy combination of coffee liquor and vodka, Demeter's Black Russian is the personification of night itself, an excellent balance of the bitterness of the coffee scent with the sweetness of the liquor"  
I definitely smell chocolate in this over coffee liquor but overall it's a very sweet, boozy scent... duh..it's a cocktail fragrance ;)

The third scent I have is Vanilla Cake batter,
The only description for this was :
"Vanilla Cake, or more to the point, Vanilla Cake Batter. Is there any better memory than licking the bowl and Mom's big spoon?
To me, this smells more like vanilla extract than actual batter but it is a very sweet and very vanillary scent, there is a strange undertone and I can't seem to work out what it is, it's got a bit of a musky tinge, a bit car-freshener-ish. this is not my favourite scent at that and one I'll probably be using in my car haha.

The final scent from this brand is sex on the beach,
Another cocktail you say? I have no excuses I'm a huge cocktail fan, I rarely drink but when on holiday I will indulge on cocktails! 
To start this scent is very boozy, it smells like vodka with pineapple, it's VERY tropical! the longevity on this one is better, it's very fresh and light and superrr sweet!
This one is the best of the bunch in my opinion,I just wish I got the handbag size as the bottle is so bulky!
It's describes as :
"an inviting and refreshing combination of Vodka, unsweetened Pineapple Juice, a touch of Raspberry liquor, a hint of Melon liquor and a splash of Cranberry. "
From reviews I read on this fragrance a while back, people were saying they couldn't smell vodka and although it dies down to a very subtle fruity scent, it does start out pretty strong and vodka smelling but I'm a fan of boozy fruity scents and it is just that! :)

Packaging
The packaging of these products is gorgeous, simple, compact and eye catching and as of yet I haven't had any problems with the packaging.
These are the best handbag size perfumes and they come with a cover for the spray top so it won't spray everywhere :)
One of the scents I own is in a bigger size and isn't so handbag friendly, I actually prefer the smaller bottles due to not wanting a big bulky perfume in my bag.

Rating
I'd give these products 3/5! they won a point for uniqueness in scent as there is nothing like them but overall they don't last too long and I'm not in love with them.

So if you would like to try out one of these scents or a few of the others they stock, including pizza, beetroot, glue, sugarcane or even sushi then check the link below!

I think these scents are such cool novelty items or funny gifts, If you have a friend who is pizza obsessed and they have a birthday coming up..what better gift? 

You can purchase these products from:
HERE- they ship to the US & UK!
or
HERE 
some of the 30ml sprays are between £6-£8 currently and if you sign up by email they sometimes offer free shipping and discount codes :)

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*



No comments:

Post a Comment