Pages

Search

Monday 5 May 2014

Neve Intensissimi Palette and Empty Palette Review & Swatches.

Hello!  
So as you might be able to tell by the title of
today's post, this is a product review of the Neve 'Intensissimi' palette.

I had never heard of this palette before and I was hunting round for a
palette of really bright, intense eye shadows and I came across this.

Upon browsing this brand I also found an empty palette that I wanted from the
same brand - it was pink, had sleek packaging and the base seemed to be magnetic.

Intensissimi Palette - £21.95   Buy Here  
Customizable Empty Palette - £6.95 Buy Here
I couldn't find any reviews of this palette at the time of purchase so I
thought let's give it a go! 
I have owned this palette for probably a year now and I can't say
I don't get as much use out of it as I'd like to.
This is not one for you neutral eyeshadow lovers.
So to start this palette has ten extremely bright coloured powder eye shadows, it comes in a sleek container that the eye shadows are fixed into. Each eyeshadow contains 3g of product.

You can use these eyeshadows wet or dry but I struggled with using them wet, you can't wet the eyeshadow itself without making the top of it go thick and horrible but you also can't really wet your eyelid and then pat it on and then go back for more eye shadow without getting the eye shadow pan wet. *sigh*

As for the pigment of these eye shadows, they're incredibly pigmented, they can come off as patchy without an eyeshadow primer and can be a bit too powdery for my liking, mostly the yellow shade- but that's just me being picky, I was hoping for urban decay quality- not too far off but not exact.

Eight of the shades in this palette are matte and two have a somewhat metallic finish to them.
I think the packaging is great for this product, it's sleek, the eye shadows are fixed into the pan, it clicks shut and says clearly on the back what the colours are.

The lasting power of these eye shadows is as good as it gets if you use a primer, you can wear them all day without creasing or fading but without an eyeshadow primer I don't think they would last well at all, I like to use a white eyeliner pencil as a base/ primer for these eyeshadows as it's not only cheap and easy to get hold of but it also intensifies the colour of them, my personal favourite is the NYX jumbo eye pencil in 'milk'.

 Shall we get into the swatches? ;)
(swatched without primer)
I know this looks like a child's paint palette!
Urgh they are just to die for...
I'd really recommend picking up this palette is you're into your bright shades.

Now onto the empty palette,
I know what you're thinking, 'Georgia how do you review an
empty palette?' ..well It's no longer empty, I have filled it and
this will give you an idea on the amount of space in this palette and
I have two dislikes.
This palette originally came with a foam insert but you could only insert 'Neve' products 
so basically I ripped it out.

This is the palette in question, not the best stacked/organised by 
any means but thankfully most of these eye shadows
are wet n' wild which are a handy shape for this type of palette.
As you can see in the above photo, underneath the black rectangle eyeshadow is
the part where the palette closes, my problem with this is that you could fit more
eye shadows in but this part gets in the way so you will always have a gap around that bit -grrr.

Also you can see, I not only filled mine with eye shadows but a blusher, my eyebrow powders and a Hoola bronzer, it's great for decanting anything but my second pet peeve is that the black sheet that lines the palette is meant to be magnetic but things only half stick to it and then all the eye shadows fall out - I found this out the hard way!
So I used double sided sticky foam squares to stick down everything in this palette and it holds them pretty well.

Phew, well I'm all out of eyeshadow talk for one day!
I hope this came in helpful, gave you some ideas and also that you enjoyed it!
Thank you for reading! 

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*



No comments:

Post a Comment