Pages

Search

Monday 14 July 2014

Malibu facial sunscreen SPF 30 review.

Hello!
I thought today's review was a little more appropriate due
to the incredible weather that the UK is having at the minute
and also with it being the middle of summer!

Quick disclaimer, this is NOT sponsored, none of my posts are.

I'm reviewing a new sunscreen in my collection today,
The Malibu SPF 30 sun screen for face.
Can be purchased for £2.49 (then add £1.50 delivery)  - link
If you're in the UK then read to the bottom to find out where you can possibly
 get it cheaper!
I'm a huge fan of sun screens for the face,
I like to apply one daily to my face & neck (even sometimes the backs of my hands)
and that's if I'm not leaving the house also.
I don't want skin cancer and I don't want to age prematurely.

This sun screen protects against UVA & UVB rays which is ideal for me as
I like a sunscreen to include both. (the cancer rays and ageing rays)

A quick break down to simplify things, don't worry this won't get
technical, I don't like textbook terms.

UVA rays
Sunlight rays that can penetrate clouds and glass
So even when you think it's cloudy they could be damaging your skin.
These rays cause wrinkles, premature ageing and skin cancer due to penetrating the 
deeper layers of the skin.

UVB rays
These rays are the ones that make you burn when sunbathing,
They also come under things such as 'free radicals',
for those who are unsure of what a free radical is it's basically all the nasty
stuff in the air that sits on your skin all day such as:
-Fuel/Petrol fumes 
-Pollution
-Pesticides
-Smoking fumes
-Radiation
Now I know you didn't add these to your skincare routine in the morning
but they are sat on there, UVB protection basically puts a barrier between your
skin and all the nasties.
UVB rays cause premature ageing, damage of the top layers of skin,

a loss of collagen and elastin (the stuff that makes your face plump and youthful!)
so unless you want to end up droopy faced you need to protect your skin.

Now that's sorted, this is an SPF 30 which is my typical choice for a day wear
sunscreen in the UK, typical day to day, not a photographed event.
(if photos with flash were being taken I'd go with SPF 10)

This smells great unlike a lot of sunscreen, it's sweetly scented and reminds
me of being on holiday, kind of lightly tropical.
it comes in a convenient squeeze tube containing 40ML of a 
super thin, white solution.
It blends in straight away with no effort required, it's like water.
There is no residue left behind at all and within a minute it's like you'd never applied it.
It also leaves no colour on the skin which is a bonus, it's totally invisible and 
undetectable.
I can't believe how thin the solution is and how I can't tell I've ever applied it.

It's dermatologically tested.
(& Georgia tested!)
It doesn't break me out, probably due to it being non greasy & no residue.
And for all you holiday or water lovers, it's water resistant,
If you are out in the sun all day in somewhere super hot then I would advise you top up
not just this sunscreen but any.

I've had this sunscreen for around two weeks now and it's become top of my list,
it's so incredibly light weight and It's like I don't have it on despite
it actually being a joy to apply!
A new staple for me! I'm so happy with it.

The best part for all of you in the UK, if you have a pound land near by then
pop in there as that's where I found my tube for £1!
complete bargain and I will be stocking up,
I didn't originally expect much but I'm so glad I picked this up on a whim,
It goes to show, price isn't everything.
 
*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned - I just have no self control when shopping*


 Thanks for reading!
Have you tried this product? what are your thoughts?




Follow my links:

No comments:

Post a Comment