Pages

Search

Friday 11 July 2014

Top 5 Favourite highstreet foundations.

Hello,
Today's post is on my top 5 favourite high street foundations,
It was supposed to go up on Wednesday but I was out all day
and my Internet is glitchy, anyway here it is!

so here's a quick overview, let's start with the first one.

Loreal true match foundation - #N1 Ivory - £9.99 - link
First off, this foundation could not have a better name for what it does, the colouring is perfect for me, it's not too yellow and most importantly not pink which you get with most ivory shades.
It has pretty good coverage, I'd say medium to high.
I don't use concealer with this foundation as it does the job, even when covering blemishes.
it blends easily and does leave a flawless finish, I find I can get several hours from this foundation looking great but I do have to re-powder my t-zone at least once a day when wearing this but I do with most foundations.
The only real downside is if your skin is dry, it looks horrible!
natural-flawless finish (depending on how much you use/build up)

Vichy dermablend corrective foundation - # 15 Opal - £17 (on offer for £14.45) - link
This foundation has to be my favourite by far of any high or low end foundation, it's super high coverage, it can cover bruises and all sorts, but it feels very light on the skin.
I can either sheer this out with a moisturiser and have a beautiful radiant light-medium coverage or use it alone for a flawless, perfected finish.
it doesn't cling to dry patches and it doesn't slide off the face, it's long wearing and doesn't irritate my skin even if I over exfoliate.
The downside for me is I can get through a tube of this pretty quickly with daily wear and the shade range is hit and miss, '15 opal' is very light but the next shade up '25 nude' only matches my skin when I fake tan, I wish they had more of a selection in the colour range.
This foundation has SPF 35, so flash photography is a no-go unless you want ghost face.
It's water and perspiration resistant so perfect in a thin layer when on holiday or in a hot/humid climate.
semi matte flawless finish.

Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation - #52 Vanilla - £10.99  - link
I recently picked up the non serum version of this foundation and I prefer this, it gets on better with my oily skin as it's a gel foundation, it also covers up any dry patches quite well if I get any.
the colouring is great but can oxidise slightly unlike the above two foundations.
it smells incredible unlike most foundations, kind of sweet and fruity but it claims to contain 'vitamin rich fruit therapy' so I enjoy that it smells fruity!
It claims to be a light coverage but I find this covers quite well, I'd say a light - medium coverage.
I can get away with 5-6 hours of this foundation but it does wear in places such as around the nose after a few hours.
semi matte finish.

Revlon colorstay foundation - #110 Ivory (oily/combination version) - £12.49 - link
You have to work quite quickly with this foundation as it's similar to estee lauder double wear in how it sets, that is also a plus side though as it does stick around all day, maybe not 24 hours like it claims but a good 8 hours at least.
This foundation does oxidise very slightly but nothing major.
I hate that this is a pour out bottle and doesn't have a pump, it dispenses way too much, as it is full coverage you don't need much.
This looks horrible on dry skin patches but I use the oily/combination version, there is one for dry skin!
it has SPF 15 so should be okay with flash photography and does look flawless in photographs.
It covers really well including blemishes but the thing I dislike with this one is you can't fix it if you smudge it etc, you have to remove it all and start again and I tend to get smile lines a few hours into the day with this foundation but for a night out it's perfect.
matte finish.

Bourjois healthy mix foundation - #51 Light vanilla - £9.99 - link
So the original version of this foundation that I have photographed appears to of been discontinued and replaced with something very similar, I'm not sure of the difference (I linked the version that is available now) they are practically identical apart from the newer version clings to dry patches a little more, the older version was slightly lighter and more on the tinted moisturiser front.
Both smell incredible and have all the same benefits such as they both give a radiant complexion and contain 'fruit therapy', meaning they contain fruit extracts such as melon, apricot, apple and ginger and they all have their own benefit such as hydration.
This goes on smoothly, barely oxidises and sits on my face for several hours.
I love this foundation for day time wear. it's similar to the gel version mentioned above but it feels slightly heavier and gives a little more coverage so I laternate depending on my skin that day.
radiant semi matte finish.

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned- I just have no self control when shopping*


 Thanks for reading!
Have you tried any of these products? what are your thoughts?




Follow my links:

No comments:

Post a Comment