Pages

Search

Wednesday 8 October 2014

My Autumn Beauty Essentials.

Hey!
This week for my random blog post I thought I'd discuss my autumn
beauty essentials as I've switched to a few things that I wasn't using during the summer
months, so if you're interested in learning more then keep reading below!

So as you can see in the overview above, I have a few products including body care,
hair care, skin care and lip care.
I didn't include make up as it is an essentials post!
These are just the products that I have gone back to now that the weather is starting 
to get a little colder.

Let's start with skin care!
So the two skin care items that I have neglected during the summer months 
but have gone back to now it's getting chilly are..
the Clarins lotus facial oil & the Weleda skin food. 
I use both on my face, mixed together and they combat my skin getting dry and crispy,
these will also be my go to skincare throughout winter.
I use the Clarins every night but the weleda is just for if my skin is especially thirsty,
I also like to use the weleda on my body for dry elbows and such.
I have a review for both of these so I didn't want to go into too much detail but I will link both
reviews here if you want to know more!

Weleda skin food review - link
Clarins lotus facial oil review - link

Next we have lip care!
I have three lip things that I use more in autumn, I do use a lip scrub regularly but
I go back to the Santa lip scrub from lush (it's sold round Christmas time)
It tastes like cola cubes and helps to combat any flaky bits on your lips.
I then use the lanolips lemon aid treatment, This is something I use more when my lips are
desperate and this is the only product that can fix them or I like to use it at night before bed.
It tastes incredible (like sherbet lemons)
& finally in lip care, I have the body shop 'born lippy' lip balm in strawberry which is my favourite flavour, it's really tasty!
I like this for day wear as it's very moisturising and it adds a slight
red tint to my lips.
I like how quick and easy it is to apply, how it looks like I made some effort and
that it actually does what it is intended to do, moisturises.

And finally we have body care & hair care!

It's no secret that I love original source body washes, I recently reviewed the new summer
range that came out, but this is one that I always come back to.
It smells like raspberry milkshake and it's torture not to drink it.
It's very moisturising and gets me clean, which is what I want from a body wash.
Next I have the macadamia healing oil treatment, this smells so great, the best hair oil that I've ever had the pleasure of sniffing.
I have noticed quite a big difference in my bleached hair since I've been using this but I switch it up for a lighter oil in the summer, now that it's getting colder and my hair will soon
be turned into straw, I have re-kindled my love for this little bottle of magic.
And finally we have my all time favourite body lotion, I have loved this for years
but I tend to enjoy vanilla scents more in the autumn/winter time so 
it's pretty exciting for me to start using this again and I'm thoroughly enjoying it!
It smells very vanillary as you'd imagine but it's a warm, comforting scent.
It's very thin and spreads easily, it soaks in quickly and doesn't leave a residue which
is great for after a bath in the colder months, you can hop into your PJ's straight away.
This product really gets me in the mood for Christmas so maybe I should of held off using 
it for a little longer ;)

Original source summer body washes review - link

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do 
they know they're mentioned - I just have no self control when shopping*

What are your autumn essentials?
Have you tried any of these products? 
 
 Thanks for reading!
 
Follow my links:

No comments:

Post a Comment